Monday, May 2, 2016

Old Time Internet Search

I was in college when the internet started to pick up in popularity! Here are some of the internet archives and search engines that I remember from college days -Lycos.com -Hotbot.com -Altavista.com -Babelfish.com -Hotmail.com (this is an outdated email service) -Etc. anyway this went on forever-proof of really how old I am -This was before the blog phenomenon caught on, back in those days they were using primarily static webpages. Static webpages were webpages that basically sat still and didn't move like a blog does. Static webpages are also harder to create. Blogs are much easier to create if you use software. Program coding is kind of fun. I learned a very basic amount in college. I left it alone for awhile then picked up it up again when I had cancer. I'd like to do more of that kind of thing. -That was also before the apps, Androids, Digital Books, as well. -PayPal was one of the early money exchange mediums on the internet. -Anyway that is an internet archive of early internet times from my early days at college that I recall on the internet. -I also remember floppy disks WOW! Talk about old huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment